Whitehouse Primary School is a smaller than average primary school with 233 on
role including a Nursery and two year-old provision. We are a highly inclusive and caring school
and house an Additional Resourced Provision for pupils with MLD. The school is a Trust school
and is part of the North Tyneside Learning Trust. Governors are seeking to appoint a highly
motivated Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated support team. The successful candidate will:
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Have recent experience of supporting children in their learning, ideally across all Key
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum
- Ideally have experience of working with individual children and small groups as well as
- Experience of working with children with additional needs is desirable
- Confident in working with technology to support learning
- Ideally have experience of planning and delivering intervention programmes including
Better Reading Programme, Fresh Start, dyslexia and dyscalculia intervention
programmes as necessary
You will work 35 hours. The post is term-time only over 195 days, you will be expected to
attend Inset days and staff meetings. You may also be asked to run after-school activities.
Whitehouse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an
enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other
relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
PLEASE REMEMBER THE DEADLINE IS 12 O’CLOCK EVERY THURSDAY
An application pack, job description and person specification are available to download from the
Whitehouse Primary School website. If candidates would like a visit to the school please
contact the School Office on 0191 643 2890 to book a slot.